Torah Online - Cyberspace Chabura of Online Torah



Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Experiment Jewish Music MP3s Jukebox

Update [Aug. 8, 2007]: Only 40 files can be added per jukebox (and not sure yet what is the maximum amount of jukeboxes I can have per user name.) Please let me know your thoughts, and if you don't have an opinion, but enjoy the jukebox for the music, also let me know. {Anonymous comments are welcome too} ~ Thank you.


~~~~

I discovered some html code that shows up on the blog as a program that acts like a Music Jukebox. I'm experimenting with it by adding MP3s from various websites that offer Jewish Music, including Carlebach, Breslav, Klezmer and others. I have about 20 files (and growing as I discover another one to add) already. I put the website in parenthesis of where I got the file from.

I'd like to ask you to try it out, and to please post some feedback as to whether you do like it, or not. Would you consider using the Jukebox to stay on the site and listen to an hour or longer lecture? Do you know of a better program to use instead of the one presently on the blog? Have a recommendation on anything that would be more suitable for this purpose?

Take a look at the jukebox, enjoy the pieces I put together and let me know what you think.

Don't wish to post a comment? Then please email me instead at torahonline@gmail.com. Either way, please let me know your thoughts, as we together make the blog a better place for Torah.

Thank you very much!


P.S. Can't find the Jukebox? It's the widget right after the links to past Archives - from the home page and right underneath the "Previous" postings when on any other page within the blog.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I do not expect to utilize a music jukebox while searching for shiurim.

    I would be interested to see your notes and comments on the shiurim - that would better inspire me to listen to them myself, and perhaps I'd have my own comments to add.

    What would be really great is if viewer comments actually resulted in a posting back from the rabbi who gave the shiur, for example to answer questions we might have on the shiurim.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/13/2007 3:48 PM  

  • I understand that you would not use a music jukebox, this is currently being used for an experiment, if it were to be filled with shiurim, would it be utilized?

    I'm not really a note taker myself.

    Now, if we could get the Rabbi who delivered a given lecture, to give feedback on that particular lecture, that would be a good reason to post questions.

    By Blogger Torah Online, at 8/14/2007 2:17 PM  

  • From Hannah via email:

    I'm so glad you are blogging again, I really like your choice of music and lessons.

    ---

    Hannah, thank you very much.

    By Blogger Torah Online, at 8/15/2007 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Who links to me? Check PageRank


View My Stats